HOTEL LOCATED IN THE HEART OF UPTOWN BUTTE
The Miner's Hotel is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The current building was built in 1913 as the Miner's Savings and Trust Co. The bank occupied the ground floor office until the 1960's. Upstairs Lawrence and Katherine Graves were the longtime proprietors of the Miner's Bank Block Furnished Rooms. In 1930, among their thirty-five lodgers were an architect, an actress, a teacher, miners, and salesmen. Also,curiously lodged under the same roof were government Prohibition agent Carrol Olson and declared bootlegger Henry Allexis.